An invitation to explore and seek wisdom for a mindful future. These resources have been helpful to my practice..
Apps that support my meditation practice.
Meditation teachers and centers:
- Susan and Bill Morgan
- Oren Jay Sofer
- Sensei Tetsudo Murphy
- Tara Brach
- Cathy Black – Lumos Center
- Compasionate Ocean Sangha
- Vallecitos Mountain Retreat Center, New Mexico
- Mark Coleman – Awake in the Wild
- Mountain Cloud Zen Center – Santa Fe, NM
- Great Mountain Zen Center – Berthoud, CO
- Sharon Salzberg
- Jack Kornfield
- Sage Institute for Creativity and Consciousness is where I earned meditation teacher credentials.
- Videos page at Mindfulschools.org
- Explaination of how to incorporate mindfulness into a school’s EQ/SEL check-in routine.
- Mindfulness in Education video
- Research around mindfulness
- Explanation of the approach of using mindfulness in schools
- Mindful Schools organization and history
Additional meditation resources and links
- Arthur Zajonc – Mind and Life Institute
- Parker J Palmer – author – Center for Courage and Renewal
- Rio Grande Mindfulness Institute and Mountain Cloud Zen Center in Santa Fe, NM. Heart of Teaching workshops, dharma talks, retreats, etc.
- People I’ve spoken with or know: Erin Woo (Mindfulness in Schools Program Development) Lynn Koerbel (Assistant Director, MBSR Teacher Education & Curricula Development) at Brown University Mindfulness Center
- “Say What You Mean” a mindful approach to nonviolent communication by Oren Jay Sofer is a fantastic read that I acquired after taking his Mindful Communication course at MindfulSchools.
- Christopher Willard video on Mindfulness and teenage stress: Growing Up Stressed I showed this video to my English Language Arts classes and then students reflected and wrote about what they learned.